Friday, June 2, 2017

"Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, May 2017

Shroud of Turin News - May 2017
© Stephen E. Jones
[1]

[Previous: April 2017, part #1] [Next: June 2017, part #1]

This is the "Editorial and Contents," part #1 of the May 2017 issue of my Shroud of Turin News. Following this editorial, I may comment on Shroud-related May 2017 news articles in separate posts, linked back to this post, with the articles' words in bold to distinguish them from mine. As previously mentioned, I have listed some linked articles about the Shroud in April/May as a service to readers, without necessarily commenting on them. If I do comment on an article in a separate Shroud of Turin News post, I will add after it "- see Month year, part #n".

Contents:
Editorial
"8 Reasons Why the Shroud of Turin Might Be the Burial Cloth of Jesus," Reasons for Jesus, Brian Chilton, April 25, 2017.
"The Shroud of Turin," Confident Faith, Timothy, May 2, 2017
"The truth about the Shroud of Turin," Marietta Daily Journal, Nelson Price, May 6, 2017 - see my 17Dec09 for the fallacies in this argument.


Editorial

Rex Morgan's Shroud News: My scanning and word-processing of the 118 issues of Rex Morgan's Shroud News, provided by Ian Wilson, and emailing them to Barrie Schwortz, for him to convert to PDFs and add to his online Shroud News archive, continued in May up to issue #77, June 1993 [Right (enlarge)]. Issues in that archive are up to #66, August 1991.

Posts: In May I blogged 5 new posts (latest uppermost): "27 April 1987: On this day 30 years in the radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud" - 31st; "Index: On this day 30 years ago in the radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud" - 30th; "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Tenth century" - 13th; "Dr Jull's and Prof. Ramsey's prompt, misleading and false replies: Steps in the development of my radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud hacker theory #7" - 10th; and "Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, April 2017" - 9th.

Updates From memory I did not significant update any of my posts in the background in May.

Comments: There were no significant comments in May.

My radiocarbon dating hacker theory: As can be seen above, in May I blogged only one post about my hacker theory: "Dr Jull's and Prof. Ramsey's prompt, misleading and false replies: Steps in the development of my radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud hacker theory #7.

My book: I have made little progress in writing my book, The Shroud of Turin: The Burial Sheet of Jesus! (see 09May17). But I have set up its structure in Word 2007, written its Preface and designed its cover [Left (enlarge)].

Pageviews: At midnight on 31 May, Google Analytics [Below (enlarge)] gave this blog's "Pageviews all time history" as 756,030 (passing three-quarters of a million). This compares with 536,240 (up 219,790 or 41%) from the same time in May 2016. It also gave the most viewed posts for the month (highest uppermost) as: "`Radiocarbon Dating ... error potential when an item is contaminated with newer material'," Apr 19, 2017 - 209; "X-rays #22: The man on the Shroud: The evidence is overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is authentic!," Apr 20, 2017 - 142; "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Ninth century" Mar 25, 2017 - 141; "Dr Jull's and Prof. Ramsey's prompt, misleading and false replies: Steps in the development of my radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud hacker theory #7" - May 10, 2017 - 115; "The Shroud of Turin: 3.6. The man on the Shroud and Jesus were crucified.," Dec 2, 2013 - 113. As can be seen from the graph, pageviews peaked in the middle of the month and then settled down again. Again it is gratifying to see that, according to the map, most of my pageviews in May were from readers in Russia!


Notes:
1. This post is copyright. I grant permission to extract or quote from any part of it (but not the whole post), provided the extract or quote includes a reference citing my name, its title, its date, and a hyperlink back to this my post it came from. [return]

Posted: 2 June 2017. Updated: 7 July 2017.

No comments: